Applications for the ceramics fellowship at Camden are running now through October 26. The following is the text of that posting, which can be read here on the original site.
Camden Arts Centre is accepting applications for the 2015/16 Ceramics Fellowship until Monday 26 October, 5.00pm.
The Ceramics Fellowship is for artists who wish to push the boundaries of their ceramics practice and who are able to promote their approach to making across Camden Arts Centre’s education activities and public programme. The Fellowship provides space and resources to research, develop and produce new work and provides opportunities to engage a wide range of people in working with clay. The artist would work alongside our pool of artists and tutors who run regular classes and courses in the Ceramics Studio as well as external partners and organisations. The selected Fellow will have an interest in teaching, engaging with audiences through their work and a desire to participate in Camden Arts Centre’s wider programmes.
Part Time, January – June 2016
(exact dates will be agreed in advance with the residency artist)
£4000. Additional costs for production, materials and a File Note Publication will be covered by Camden Arts Centre. Please note this Fellowship is unable to support travel or accommodation costs.
The Fellowship will be divided into an agreed pattern of days over a six month period; the artist will not be expected to be at the Centre full time. The selected artist will be given a work space in Camden Arts Centre’s Ceramics Studio for the duration of their residency. They will have access to the ceramics facilities, some support from the Ceramics Technician and will be asked to share their expertise and ideas with a range of individuals and groups in a number of ways, including:
• Inspiring adults and young people participating in our regular ceramics courses through practical demonstrations, critiques and occasional workshop sessions.
• Working with students from The Slade to develop a collaborative project that engages visitors in an open and accessible way.
• Developing, with the Public Programme Organiser, a series of ceramics/clay related activities that includes: talks, open studio events and participatory workshops.
Applications should include:
• Cover letter
• Proposal of no more than 750 words including a brief outline of ideas to be developed during the Fellowship, your interest in the wider context of the Fellowship and how you might utilise the events programme at Camden Arts Centre.
• Any relevant examples of work on a disk
Please note that submitted material cannot be returned and applications can be received via email.
Deadline for submissions is 5.00pm on Monday 26 October; Interviews will be held on Monday 9 November. The successful applicant will be chosen by the Director and Programme Team at Camden Arts Centre.
All submissions should be sent to Nisha Matthew either via email or post
Nisha Matthew, Public Programme Organiser
Camden Arts Centre, Arkwright Road, London NW3 6DG
All enquiries concerning applications should be directed towards Nisha Matthew / +44 (0)20 7472 5513
Please note due to volume of applications received, if you do not hear from Camden Arts Centre by Friday 30 October in this instance you application has not been successful.
Supported by The Headley Trust.
Love contemporary ceramic art + design? Let us know in the comments.